Thursday, May 27, 2010

Corriganville Cabin (Corriganville Series)

(GPS: N34 16.050 W118 39.350)

Corriganville Cabin Location (Youtube Version)

Corriganville Cabin Location (Vimeo Version)

This is one of those that had I been around during the time the theme park was up it would have been obvious. The first time I went to Corriganville I had this one in my mind, but since I was just trying to get the feel of the area I think I went by it without figuring it out. I then came home and made a few comparisons and knew where to go when I came back. It is slightly off the obvious trail that circles around the park. In the Fort Apache video I point out the direction you have to go down since it is right next to it.

The dug out cabin or hut has been used in lots of movies, but I will just use what was shown in Fort Apache.
The huge rocks on the left were really my targets. As you can see there is a lot of overgrowth here.
In the video I show a lot of what remains there. Whether that is actually from the cabin I do not know.