Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reflections at Conness Glacier (Pond Reflections)

After passing Saddlebag Lake the trail continues to other lakes. This is what I normally do and loop the trail back to where I started. However, on this day I crossed over to the east. I am not sure if there are official trails to get where I was going, but there are use trails around. In fact, you don't have to take the way I did it to get there. Eventually, I came across this:
Zooming in with my camera I got this:I headed over to that area to see a few ponds or tiny lakes that I didn't recall being as big as they were that previous time I came. Of course, during that time was during a "dry" season when we had little snow that year. Off to my right, looking in the direction of Mt. Excelsior, this pond gave a nice reflection.Then turning to my left I liked this reflection as well.
Nice illusions to the eye, but the best was yet to come.

Reflections at Conness Glacier (Youtube Version)

Reflections at Conness Glacier (Vimeo Version)